Monday, July 7, 2014

Fathers Day

W











The kids had their first kayak excursion at the lake where I lived for a few years when I was little.  I lived right across the cover from where we were.  The property in the background of the first couple photos.  It was fun to show them my old yard, and the new home that was built on it.  My sisters and I used to swim and ride around in our small fishing boat all summer.  It was a great place to grow up.  My Dad often says he should have never sold that place.  Such good memories!  They only live two miles from the lake now, so we still have the opportunity to go there when we visit.  
Axel and Autumn were so excited to go out in the boat with Grandma and Grandpa.  They paddled around, and then went back out with me and Ram.  I took Ari out for a ride too.  Grandpa brought fishing gear and gave Axel his first fishing experience- bluegill and all.  The kids were fascinated by the whole experiemce of catching and cleaning the fish.  I'm not sure who was more excited, Axel or Grandpa. I do know, however, who was more excited to eat the fish.   The kids both spit out their one and only bite.  




No comments: